Starting a WordPress blog can be your gateway to sharing your thoughts with a worldwide audience. But for beginners, this initiation into the blogging universe can feel complex. Trust me; I’ve experienced that uncertainty.
You’ll be relieved to know it’s not as complicated as it seems. I’ve been in your shoes and invested considerable effort into understanding the nuances of WordPress. Drawing from my lessons learned and leveraging professional insights, I’m here to guide you through the key steps to build your blog on WordPress, the platform I trust and recommend. We’ll also sidestep common pitfalls that I once encountered.
Following this guide helps you start a blog on WordPress while equipping you with the necessary tools and knowledge to launch yourself. With patience and a touch of creativity, you’ll soon see your ideas take shape on your WordPress blog. Let’s go!
- Choosing a memorable domain name and selecting a reliable web hosting provider are crucial steps in starting a WordPress blog.
- Installing WordPress is straightforward, and it offers flexibility in managing your content.
- Customizing your blog settings is essential for creating a professional and user-friendly website.
- Creating engaging content consistently and interacting with your audience will help build a loyal following and establish yourself as an authority in your niche.
Steps to Start a WordPress Blog
Choose a Domain Name
Embarking on your blogging journey begins with choosing a solid, memorable domain name. Think of it as the street address for your blog – it’s how people will find and recognize you in this vast digital landscape.
The domain name should be relevant to your content and easy for potential readers to remember and type into their browsers. For example, if I were launching a tech start-up blog, options like “TechStartupInsider.com” or “InnovativeTechTrends.com” might be contenders.
Always ensure your chosen name is not already taken by someone else before setting up hosting plans with providers such as Bluehost, my recommended choice based on ease of use and excellent customer support.
Within just 15 minutes, you could have an identity for your site that aligns perfectly with what you plan to share with the world!
Select a Web Hosting Provider
Choosing a reliable web hosting provider is one of the crucial steps in starting your WordPress blog. This provider not only ensures that your website runs smoothly but also guarantees its accessibility to users around the globe.
Options vary with providers, from those offering free plans to others providing premium services with advanced features such as increased bandwidth and data storage.
One popular choice among new bloggers is Cloudways, favored for its affordable rates and seamless integration with WordPress. A top tip before committing to any provider is to check their customer reviews and support options.
It’s essential you can get help when you need it, especially if you’re setting up for the first time. Don’t skimp on this step; remember that your site’s performance relies heavily on your chosen web hosting plan.
Installing WordPress is the third crucial step in kick-starting your blogging journey. It’s a user-friendly CMS that offers flexibility and allows you to manage your content easily. Follow these steps:
- Head to the web hosting dashboard, where you’ll find an option for ‘WordPress’ or ‘Website’ – select it.
- You should see an ‘Install WordPress’ button; don’t hesitate to click on it.
- A new screen will appear for you to fill in your site details. Be sure to enter your domain name in the ‘Domain’ field and leave the directory section empty.
- The next step requires inputting some basic information like site title, admin username, and password, which you’ll use for login purposes later on.
- After filling out those details, click the ‘Install’ button at the bottom of your screen.
- Wait a few minutes while WordPress is installed on your hosting account.
- Once the installation is complete, you can access your WordPress dashboard by adding “/wp-admin” at the end of your new domain name.
- Key in your admin username and password set up during installation to log into your new blog website.
- Now that you’re inside familiarize yourself with WordPress’s features and settings.
- For first-time bloggers impatiently eager to write their first blog post, navigate to Posts –> Add New from the left sidebar of the dashboard.
Customize Your Blog Settings
Customizing your blog settings is essential to creating a professional and user-friendly WordPress blog. Here’s a list of key settings you should customize to optimize your blog:
- Site Identity: Set your site title and tagline to reflect the purpose and niche of your blog. This helps readers understand what your blog is about.
- Permalinks: Configure your permalink structure to create SEO-friendly URLs for your blog posts. Choose a structure that includes the post title or category, as it makes it easier for search engines to index and rank your content.
- Reading Settings: Determine whether you want to display a static homepage or show your latest blog posts on the front page. You can also choose how many posts to display per page.
- Discussion Settings: Manage comments on your blog by customizing the discussion settings. You can enable or disable comments, set comment moderation rules, and control how comments are displayed on your posts.
- Media Settings: Specify the default sizes for images uploaded to your blog, ensuring they fit well within your content layout.
- Theme Customization: Most WordPress themes offer customization options like colors, fonts, layouts, and header images. Take advantage of these features to create a unique and visually appealing design for your blog.
- Widgets: Customize the widgets displayed on different blog areas, such as the sidebar or footer. Add useful elements like social media icons, recent posts, popular tags, or an email subscription form.
- Navigation Menu: Design an intuitive navigation menu that helps visitors easily navigate through different sections of your blog. Include important pages like About Me, Contact, and Categories.
- SEO Settings: Install an SEO plugin like Yoast SEO or All in One SEO Pack to optimize your blog for search engines. Customize meta tags, generate XML sitemaps, and improve the overall SEO performance of your blog.
Begin Creating Engaging Content
Now that you have set up your WordPress blog, it’s time to start creating engaging content for your audience. High-quality and engaging content is the key to attracting readers and keeping them returning for more.
Install a WordPress theme
To customize the look and feel of your WordPress blog, it’s crucial to install a theme that suits your style and branding.
As a blogger or entrepreneur starting a WordPress blog, you can choose from thousands of free and paid themes. While premium themes may offer more features and customization options, free themes can still provide a professional and visually appealing design for your blog. Here are some reasons why free themes are worth considering:
- Cost-effective: Free themes allow you to save money, especially if you’re just starting out and have a tight budget. You can allocate those funds toward other aspects of your blog’s growth.
- Variety of options: Many free WordPress themes are available, catering to different niches and industries. You can easily find a theme that suits your blog’s style and target audience.
- User-friendly: Most free WordPress themes are designed with user-friendliness in mind. They come with simple installation processes and intuitive customization options, making it easy for beginners to set up their blogs.
- Decent functionality: Contrary to what you may think, free themes offer a good range of features and functionalities. Although they might not have advanced options like premium themes, they typically include essential elements such as responsive design, customizable layouts, and built-in widgets.
- Regular updates: Many developers maintain their free WordPress themes by regularly releasing updates that address any bugs or vulnerabilities found. This ensures that your website remains secure and optimized for performance.
- Community support: Because WordPress users widely use free themes, an active support community is usually behind them. You can find forums, documentation, or even dedicated support channels where you can get help with any theme-related issues or questions.
- Opportunity for customization: Free WordPress themes often come with customization options that allow you to personalize the appearance of your blog without touching any code. This way, you can still achieve a unique look without needing advanced technical skills.
- Compatibility: Free themes are built by following WordPress coding standards, ensuring compatibility with various plugins and extensions. This means you can easily enhance your blog’s functionality by adding popular plugins for SEO, social media sharing, contact forms, and more.
When it comes to WordPress themes, there are both free and premium options available. While free themes are great for beginners starting a WordPress blog, paid themes offer additional features and customization options. Here are some key points to know about paid themes:
- More Design Options: Paid themes often come with various design options, allowing you to customize your blog’s appearance to match your brand or personal style.
- Enhanced Functionality: Premium themes offer extra functionality to enhance your blog’s user experience. This can include advanced layouts, customizable widgets, and unique features like photo galleries or contact forms.
- Dedicated Support: Purchasing a premium theme usually gives you access to dedicated support from the theme developer. This can be valuable if you encounter technical issues or need help customizing your theme.
- Regular Updates: Premium theme developers typically provide regular updates, ensuring compatibility with the latest version of WordPress and keeping your blog secure.
- SEO Optimization: Many paid themes are built with search engine optimization (SEO) in mind, helping your blog rank higher in search results and attract more organic traffic.
- Unique Features: Premium themes often have exclusive features not found in free alternatives. These may include advanced typography settings, integrated social media sharing buttons, or optimized layouts for mobile devices.
- Professional Appearance: A premium theme can give your blog a more polished and professional look from the start.
- Compatibility with Plugins: Paid themes are usually designed to work seamlessly with popular WordPress plugins, allowing you to add additional functionality without any conflicts or coding issues.
If you want to take your WordPress blog to the next level and create a stunning website, page builders are essential tools to help you achieve that. Here are some important facts about page builders:
- SeedProd: Looking for an easy way to customize the design of your homepage and create eye-catching landing pages? SeedProd is a highly recommended page builder for WordPress blogs. With its intuitive drag-and-drop interface, you can easily add elements, change layouts, and personalize your site without any coding knowledge.
- Divi: Another popular page builder option is Divi. This powerful tool offers a range of pre-designed templates and modules that you can drag and drop onto your pages. It also provides advanced customization options, giving you full control over your website’s design.
- Elementor Page Builder: If you want to create a sleek one-page website for your blog, Elementor Page Builder is worth considering. It offers numerous customization options, allowing you to build visually stunning pages easily. Plus, it’s compatible with most WordPress themes.
- Customization options: Page builders offer a wide range of design elements and features that you can use to personalize your blog’s pages. From changing colors and fonts to adding buttons, images, videos, and more, these tools allow you to create a unique website that aligns with your brand.
- Ease of use: The best part about using page builders is their user-friendly interfaces. You don’t need any coding skills to make significant changes or enhancements to your site’s appearance. Simply drag and drop the elements you want on the page and customize them as needed.
- Increased functionality: With page builders, you can enhance the functionality of your WordPress blog by incorporating elements like contact forms, social media sharing buttons, photo galleries, or even e-commerce capabilities–all without relying on additional plugins or complex coding.
- Compatibility: It’s important to ensure that your chosen page builder is compatible with your chosen WordPress theme. Check the documentation or contact the theme developer for guidance on which page builders work seamlessly with their themes.
Essential Plugins for Your WordPress Blog
To optimize your content, protect your blog, promote your content on social media, and track performance, it is essential to install SEO plugins for optimizing content, security plugins for protecting your blog, social media sharing plugins for promoting your content, and Google Analytics plugins for tracking performance.
SEO Plugins for Optimizing Content
One of the key aspects of running a successful WordPress blog is optimizing your content for search engines. This can be easily done with the help of SEO plugins that are specifically designed to improve your website’s visibility and rankings.
Several popular plugins are available, such as HubSpot, All in One SEO, Yoast SEO, MonsterInsights, and Rank Math. These plugins offer a range of features like keyword optimization, meta tag management, XML sitemap generation, and much more.
Utilizing these tools effectively ensures that your blog posts are optimized to attract organic traffic from search engines and reach a wider audience. With the right SEO plugin in place, you’ll have all the necessary tools at your fingertips to enhance your content and drive more traffic to your WordPress blog.
Security Plugins for Protecting Your Blog
As a blogger or entrepreneur, it is crucial to prioritize the security of your WordPress blog. With increasing online threats and attacks, using security plugins can help safeguard your blog from potential breaches.
Several popular security plugins are available for WordPress, such as Wordfence Security, SiteGround Security, iThemes Security, Sucuri, and All In One WP Security and Firewall.
These plugins offer features like firewall protection, malware scanning, login security measures, and even prevention against brute force attacks. Jetpack is another well-known plugin that provides security, website performance optimization, and site backups.
Social Media Sharing Plugins for Promoting Your Content
One of the most effective ways to promote your content and increase its reach is using social media sharing plugins on your WordPress blog. These plugins integrate social media functionality into your site, allowing visitors to share your content with their network easily.
Various options, such as Shared Counts, Blog2Social, and Novashare, offer different features and benefits. With the help of these plugins, you can add customizable share buttons to your posts and pages, making it easier for users to spread the word about your valuable content.
Some plugins offer automatic sharing options, saving you time and effort in promoting your blog on various platforms. By utilizing social media sharing plugins effectively, you can enhance your online presence and drive more traffic to your website through social sharing.
Google Analytics Plugins for Tracking Performance
As a blogger or entrepreneur, it’s crucial to track the performance of your WordPress blog in order to make data-driven decisions and optimize your content strategy. One highly recommended tool for this purpose is Google Analytics.
With Google Analytics plugins specifically designed for WordPress, you can easily integrate this powerful tracking tool into your website.
One popular plugin that simplifies the process is MonsterInsights. This plugin offers comprehensive eCommerce reports and other tracking features to help you gain valuable insights into your site’s statistics.
Installing MonsterInsights gives you access to detailed information such as page views, bounce rates, and even event tracking. Plus, with the lite version of its pro plugin providing all necessary tracking features, including ecommerce functionality, monitoring your site’s performance becomes effortless.
To use these analytics capabilities on your WordPress blog, install a free plugin like MonsterInsights and connect it to your Google Analytics account by adding the provided tracking code in the settings.
Once set up, you can use MonsterInsights’ user-friendly dashboard to understand how visitors find and interact with your website – essential information for growing your business online.
Importance of Choosing a Relevant Blogging Topic
Choosing a relevant blogging topic is crucial for the success of your WordPress blog.
Find Your Passion and Expertise
When starting a blog, finding your passion and expertise is important. Blogging allows you to share your knowledge and experiences with others. Think about what topics excite you and where you have the most expertise.
This will help you create engaging content that resonates with your audience. Remember, blogging is a long-term commitment, so choose a topic you love and are willing to dedicate time and effort to.
By focusing on what you’re passionate about, you’ll enjoy the process of creating content and attracting like-minded readers interested in what you have to say. Don’t be afraid to dive deep into your niche – being specific can actually make your blog stand out in a crowded online world.
Key Fact: Choosing a highly specific topic that serves the needs of your target audience is important for a successful blog.
Key Fact: Brainstorming topics you are passionate about and have expertise in is crucial.
Research Audience Interest and Demand
Understanding your audience’s interests and demands is crucial when starting a WordPress blog. You can identify the topics and content that will resonate with your target readership by conducting thorough research.
This research allows you to tailor your blog posts to their preferences, ensuring that you provide value and address their needs effectively. Additionally, identifying high-demand blogging topics allows you to position yourself as an expert in those areas and attract a larger audience.
By staying up-to-date with trending topics and incorporating them into your blog, you can increase engagement and establish yourself as a trusted source of information in your niche.
Select a Niche or Specific Focus
Selecting a niche or specific focus for your blog is crucial in establishing and growing your online presence. By narrowing down your topic area, you can create targeted and valuable content that attracts readers who are interested in what you have to say.
This helps build an audience and allows you to meet their expectations and maintain momentum with consistent quality posts. Additionally, having a clear niche makes it easier to monetize your blog through collaborations, sponsored content, or affiliate marketing.
Remember that finding the right niche requires careful consideration and validation. Take time to research audience interest and demand, analyze competition, and ensure you have a genuine passion or expertise for the chosen subject matter.
Promoting and Monetizing Your WordPress Blog
Promoting and monetizing your WordPress blog is crucial for gaining visibility and generating income. Use SEO strategies to improve your search engine rankings, engage with fellow bloggers for guest posting opportunities, and utilize social media platforms to promote your content.
Additionally, explore monetization options like affiliate marketing and sponsored content to start earning from your blog.
Implement SEO Strategies for Increased Visibility
Implementing SEO strategies is crucial for increasing visibility and driving traffic to your WordPress blog. By optimizing your content and incorporating relevant keywords, you can improve your search engine rankings and attract more readers. Here are some effective SEO strategies to help boost the visibility of your blog:
- Conduct Keyword Research: Identify relevant keywords that align with your blog topic and target audience. Use keyword research tools to find popular search terms with a good balance of search volume and competition.
- Optimize On-Page Elements: Include keywords in the title tag, meta description, headings, and throughout your content naturally. Make sure your URLs are descriptive and include keywords when appropriate.
- Create High-Quality Content: Produce well-written, informative content that provides value to your readers. Aim for longer blog posts (>1000 words) as they tend to rank better on search engines.
- Build Quality Backlinks: Earn backlinks from reputable websites within your niche. Guest posting, collaborating with influencers, and participating in industry forums are effective ways to get quality backlinks.
- Improve Site Speed: Ensure your website loads quickly across devices by optimizing image sizes, cleaning up code, and using caching plugins. A faster website improves user experience and helps with SEO rankings.
- Utilize Social Media: Promote your blog posts on social media platforms to increase exposure and drive traffic to your site. Encourage readers to share your content by including social sharing buttons on each post.
- Optimize Images: Use descriptive alt text for images and compress them without compromising quality. Optimized images can improve page load times and increase organic traffic through image searches.
- Enhance User Experience: Create a user-friendly website design with intuitive navigation, easy-to-read font sizes, clear headings, and mobile responsiveness.
- Monitor Analytics: Utilize Google Analytics or other tracking tools to measure traffic patterns, user behavior, bounce rates, conversions, and other valuable metrics. Analyzing data can help you make informed decisions to improve your SEO strategies.
Utilize Social Media Platforms to Promote Your Blog
As a blogger or entrepreneur, promoting your WordPress blog on social media platforms can significantly increase your reach and engagement with your target audience. Here are some effective strategies for utilizing social media for blog promotion:
- Optimize Your Social Media Profiles: Make sure your social media profiles reflect your blog’s branding and clearly describe your offer. Use relevant keywords in your bio and include a link to your blog.
- Share Engaging Content: Create compelling graphics, videos, and captions that grab attention and encourage readers to click through to your blog. Use eye-catching visuals and write captivating headlines to entice users to learn more.
- Choose the Right Social Media Platforms: Identify the social media platforms where your target audience is most active. Focus on building a strong presence on those platforms rather than trying to be everywhere at once.
- Schedule Regular Updates: Consistency is key when it comes to social media promotion. Develop a content calendar and schedule regular updates that link back to new blog posts or highlight popular content from your archives.
- Engage with Your Audience: Respond promptly to comments, messages, and mentions on social media. Encourage conversations, ask questions, and show appreciation for feedback from your followers.
- Utilize Hashtags: Research relevant hashtags in your niche and incorporate them into your social media posts. This will help increase the visibility of your content among users who follow or search for those hashtags.
- Cross-Promote with Other Bloggers: Collaborate with other bloggers or influencers in complementary niches by featuring their content or guest posting on their blogs. This cross-promotion can expose you to new audiences and drive traffic back to your own blog.
- Run Contests or Giveaways: Hold contests or giveaways exclusively on social media platforms as an incentive for users to engage with and share your content. This can help increase brand awareness and attract new followers.
- Leverage Influencer Marketing: Partner with influencers in your niche to promote your blog and its content. Their endorsement can help build credibility and reach a wider audience.
- Use Analytics to Track Performance: Keep an eye on social media analytics to understand which platforms, content types, and strategies are driving the most engagement and traffic. Adjust your approach accordingly to optimize results.
Engage with Other Bloggers and Guest Posting Opportunities
Engaging with other bloggers and participating in guest posting opportunities can be incredibly beneficial for your WordPress blog. Not only does it help you expand your reach and tap into new audiences, but it also provides opportunities for collaboration and networking within the blogging community. Here are some ways you can engage with other bloggers and make the most of guest posting opportunities:
- Connect on Social Media: Follow other bloggers in your niche on social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Engage with their content by liking, commenting, and sharing. This helps to build relationships and increase your visibility within the blogging community.
- Comment on Their Blog Posts: Take the time to read and comment on other bloggers’ posts. Provide valuable insights or share personal experiences related to the topic being discussed. This shows your appreciation for their content and helps establish yourself as an active participant in the blogging community.
- Collaborate on Content: Reach out to fellow bloggers in your niche and propose collaborations such as guest posts or co-authored articles. This allows you to tap into each other’s audiences and benefit from mutual promotion.
- Participate in Blogging Communities: Join online communities or forums specifically for bloggers where you can connect with like-minded individuals, ask questions, share advice, and find potential guest posting opportunities.
- Pitch Guest Post Ideas: Identify blogs that accept guest posts within your niche and pitch relevant ideas that align with their target audience. Make sure to showcase your expertise and explain how your post would provide value to their readers.
- Publish Guest Posts on Your Blog: In addition to writing guest posts for others, consider accepting guest posts on your own blog as well. This not only adds diversity to your content but also exposes you to new audiences through the author’s own network.
- Attend Blogger Events or Conferences: Look for local or virtual events where bloggers gather to network face-to-face or virtually. This provides invaluable opportunities to meet other bloggers, exchange ideas, and build relationships.
- Offer to Interview Other Bloggers: Reach out to bloggers you admire and offer them an opportunity to be interviewed on your blog. This gives them exposure and allows you to tap into their expertise and provide valuable content for your readers.
Explore Monetization Options such as Affiliate Marketing and Sponsored Content
One of the key ways to monetize your WordPress blog is through affiliate marketing and sponsored content. Affiliate marketing involves promoting products or services on your blog and earning a commission for every sale or lead generated through your referral.
This can be a lucrative option if you have a niche audience that is interested in specific products or services. Sponsored content, however, involves partnering with brands to create content that promotes their products or services.
Brands will pay you for featuring their content on your blog, whether it’s a sponsored post, review, or social media promotion. Both affiliate marketing and sponsored content offer great opportunities to generate income from your blog by leveraging your audience and expertise in your niche.
Pros and cons of WordPress. com
Running your blog on WordPress.com comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Understanding them can help you decide to suit your blogging needs. Let’s delve into the pros and cons of using WordPress.com for your blogging platform.
|It’s free and super easy to use, making it a great choice for beginners.||There may be a learning curve for more advanced customization and functionality.|
|No coding skills are required, so even those without technical knowledge can easily set up and manage their blog.||Monetization options on the free plan are limited, which may not be ideal for those looking to make money from their blog.|
|WordPress.com offers a wide range of customizable themes and plugins to personalize your blog’s design and functionality.||Limited customization options compared to self-hosted WordPress sites.|
|This platform is SEO-friendly and offers features and plugins to optimize your blog’s visibility in search engine results.||Monetization options are limited on the free plan, which may not be ideal for those looking to make money from their blog.|
|WordPress has a large and supportive community, offering extensive documentation, forums, and resources for troubleshooting and learning.||For advanced features, you need to upgrade to a paid plan, which can get costly.|
Remember, choosing the right blogging platform is crucial to the success of your blog. WordPress.com, despite its drawbacks, offers many benefits that can cater to many bloggers’ needs.
Maintaining a WordPress website
Maintaining a WordPress website is essential for keeping it running smoothly and secure from potential threats. One of the most important steps in maintaining your site is to regularly update all plugins, themes, and WordPress itself.
This ensures that you have the latest security patches and bug fixes installed. You should also backup your site regularly to avoid any data loss in case of a technical issue or hacker attack.
Doing so can improve loading times and reduce bounce rates, leading to a better user experience.
Furthermore, strong security measures are vital for protecting your WordPress website against hackers. This involves using strong passwords, implementing two-factor authentication, limiting login attempts, and installing security plugins like Sucuri or Wordfence.
By following these best practices for maintaining a WordPress website, you can ensure that it remains safe, efficient, and always up-to-date with the latest features and improvements.
So take the time to invest in regular updates and optimizations – it will be worth every effort!
In conclusion, starting a WordPress blog is easier than ever with the step-by-step guide provided in this article. By choosing a domain name, selecting a web hosting provider, installing WordPress, customizing your blog settings, and creating engaging content, you can launch your blog within 30 minutes.
Remember to install essential plugins for optimizing SEO, protecting your blog’s security, promoting content on social media platforms, and tracking performance with Google Analytics.
Choose a relevant blogging topic that matches your passion and expertise while catering to audience interest and demand. Promote and monetize your WordPress blog using effective SEO strategies, social media platforms, and guest posting opportunities, and explore options like affiliate marketing and sponsored content.
Take advantage of the numerous benefits of using WordPress.com or create a self-hosted website for more control over customization options. Lastly, maintain your WordPress website by regularly updating plugins/themes/content and engaging with readers through comments or contact forms.
Get started today on building an impactful online presence through blogging!
How much money do I need to start a blog on WordPress?
To start a blog on WordPress, you’ll typically need between $60 to $100 annually. This cost includes a custom domain ($10-$15/year) and hosting service ($3-$8/month). Remember, premium themes, plugins, or professional assistance may add to your overall budget.
How do I start a blog on WordPress and make money?
To start a blog on WordPress and make money, you must set up a self-hosted blog on WordPress.org, not WordPress.com. After choosing a domain and blog hosting site, install WordPress and publish content. To earn income, monetize your blog through affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, or selling products.
Is WordPress blog still free?
WordPress.com offers a free plan for users who want to start a blog. However, this free version includes WordPress.com in your domain and includes advertisements. For advanced features, a custom domain, and removal of ads, various paid plans are available on WordPress.org.
What do I need to start a WordPress blog?
To start a WordPress blog, you will need a domain name (website address), a web hosting service, and the WordPress software installed on your hosting account.
Do I need any technical skills to start a WordPress blog?
You don’t need technical skills to start a blog on WordPress. The platform is designed for non-technical users. A basic understanding of navigating a web interface helps, but coding knowledge isn’t required. Built-in tools and plugins make customization and functionality additions easy for beginners.